Have you ever wondered how the media works or why some people/companies get more coverage than others? Having been a news anchor/reporter for more than a decade, I’ve heard hundreds of pitches and interviewed everyone from government officials to celebrities to entrepreneurs. So what’s the secret to winning over the media and how can it help your business and brand? I’m excited to announce Zen Media’s latest workshop-Media Training For Entrepreneurs on Thursday, October 18th.
Where: Hera Hub: 9710 Scranton Road, #160, San Diego, CA 92121
When: Oct 18, from 7:00-8:30 pm (includes one full hour plus Q & A and refreshments)
You’ve worked hard to build your company and your brand, but how do you get the “buzz” you need to propel your business to the next level? And how do you make sure that your “buzz” is conveying the right message and targeting the right audience?
Do you feel like you’re not getting enough media attention? Have your pitches fallen flat? Or maybe you are avoiding opportunities because you’re not sure what to say or how to handle an interview.
The media landscape is changing. The integration of traditional and new media gives you more channels than ever to get noticed and to reach your customers. While this is a great opportunity, it can also be a little overwhelming, unless you’re prepared.
In this workshop you will get an inside look at how the media works and learn how to talk to a reporter/producer to get yourself noticed on-air and online!
You will also learn:
- 5 Things To Do Before You Pitch
- 10 Things To Do Before, During And After Interview That Will Make You A More Effective and Confident Communicator
- Specific Media Mistakes To Avoid
- How To Increase Your Bottom Line With Social Media
- 5 Best Ways To Market To Your Target Niche Using Social Media Strategies
- 5 Ways to Integrate Your Traditional Media Exposure With Social Media