I hope you had a great Labor Day Weekend. By now the kids are back at school, but that doesn’t mean you’re not still looking for fun things to do with them, especially on the weekends. That’s why I’m super excited for the Hullabaloo Family Arts Festival. If you live in San Diego and have kids, they are probably Hullabaloo groupies like mine. If you haven’t heard of them, People Magazine/People.com just featured their latest release “Raise A Ruckus”.
“There are only so many silly songs a parent can take. And for those who have reached their kid-music max, a healthy dose of Hullabaloo’s family-friendly tunes are the perfect balance. With the upcoming release of Raise a Ruckus, the two-man band have hit another home run with their cool collection of instant classics featuring all the folk, funk and rock inspirations parents (and kids!) are sure to appreciate.”
The Zen Mom is giving away a free copy of “Raise a Ruckus”, Family Pack to Tickets to the festival and much more.
The event is Saturday, September 22nd from 11am to 4 pm at Liberty Station NTC Promenade, also known as North Promenade.
Admission: $7 per person; children under the age of 1 are free; Family Pack of tickets: $20 for up to five family members total (not available online). They are encouraging pre-paid tickets this year; if people order in time they will be sent a wristband in the mail so they can “waltz right in”.
Hullabaloo will play two sets, but there will other music, food and lots of fun activities.
Families can bring their own food this year, or enjoy food from one of four popular food trucks: Miho Gastro Truck (2), Food Farm San Diego,Mr. Groggy’s.
Children’s Literature Zone:
They’ve partnered with Yellow Book Road to create a relaxing escape where you can hear local San Diego authors read their own books! Kathryn Cloward — Kathryn the Grape, Charles Johnson — Storyteller, Luciana Navarro Powell — My Dad is the Best Playground, Terry Kraszewski — Surf Angel, Joann Woolley — Sign4Baby (signing story time), Darren Perman — Wookiwoo, I Love You, Jeff Garcia — Santa and the Molokai Mules
Art Soup, drop-in art studio in Encinitas, will provide a full day of art activities at the festival. There will also be an entire Dance zone dedicated to dance performance and impromptu classes for the little ones and a Handmade Gift Market for you shoppers.
Each giveaway winner will receive:
– one Family Pack of tickets, good for up to 5 people (children under 1 year are free)
– A FREE copy of Hullabaloo’s newest CD, Raise a Ruckus!
– A Clif Kid goodie bag
– A free pass to Mon Petit Chateau, good for a one-day visit, up to three children (siblings only)
– one $50 gift card to Renewal By Andersen Windows
– 1 pass to Smart Kids Time, courtesy of SoCal Kids San Diego
– 1 family pass to the Marie Hitchcock Puppet Theatre, also courtesy of SoCal Kids San Diego
– $20 of babysitting services from Urban Sitter!
Giveaway winners will collect their giveaway prize when admitted to the festival- they will go through the will-call line. Winner will be selected by random.org.
TO ENTER leave a comment below. Or
FOR EXTRA ENTRIES:
1. “Like” The Zen Mom on Facebook, give a shout out on our walls and tell us you did with a comment below.
2. Follow The Zen Mom on Twitter, tweet about it and tell us you did with a comment below.
3. Subscribe to The Zen Mom or let us know you are already a subscriber with a comment below.
The giveaway will end on Tuesday, September 11th, midnight PST.
GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED!