Happy New Year! I know the 1st was actually yesterday, but there”s something about Mondays. I feel like today”s the actual day to start fresh. While I don”t like to call them new year”s resolutions I know we all have them. It”s the time to have a clean slate and set goals or what I like to call the vision for the year! What do you envision for yourself?
I said a few days ago my vision for the year was to feel more vibrant (mentally and physically), appreciative and peaceful. I hope you will join me on my journey.
Over the next few weeks, The Zen Mom will be featuring Project Zen! Tips to Live A More Vibrant, Appreciative, and Peaceful LIfe.
In a few hours I will be doing a 3 day Ritual juice cleanse! While not everyone is into juicing I think we are into eating a cleaner diet. I will give you a wrap up of the Cleanse later, but for today I wanted to share a few tips sent by Ritual Cleanse to get me ready, but I think these are helpful for anyone looking be healthier.
- Start eating real food and only real food right now. If you cannot pronounce it or if it has an infinite shelf life DO NOT eat it!
- Cut back on your alcohol consumption.
- Start drinking more water, the more the better.
- Begin each day with a cup of hot water with lemon.
- Cut back on caffeine. If eliminating caffeine completely is not an option, switch from coffee to green tea.
- Eliminate added sugars, especially artificial ones (aka: chemicals) like corn syrup, saccharin, aspartame and all the rest. You get the point, right?
- Add in more fruits and vegetables. Organic and raw are best.